Guji Grade 1 (with a hint of cinnamon)Ethiopia
About the coffee
We have selected this 'blend' to sit alongside the rest of our range of quality coffees! After such a great success with our 'Christmas Blend', which everybody just loved, we are carrying on with the added hint of Cinnamon!
We sourced this coffee direct, along with our friends of the long established charity, PFC Ethiopia (Partners for Change, Ethiopia), and we can now offer you this wonderful coffee freshly roasted and straight from our roastery.
Available to buy as roasted, ground to your preference. Guji, is such a wonderfully aromatic and smooth coffee, unlike the more 'acidic' Yirgacheffe.
About the growers
Guji is one of the zones of the Oromia Region of Ethiopia and is named after a tribe of the Oromo people. Guji is bordered on the south by Borena, on the west by the Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples Region, on the north by the Ganale Dorya River which separates it from Bale and on the east by the Somali Region. The highest point in the zone is Mount Dara Tiniro.
Like Yirgacheffe, coffees from the Guji area were previously categorised together with coffees from Sidamo (a very wide geographical classification encompassing much of central-south Ethiopia). However Guji coffees are quite distinct from either Yirgacheffe or Sidamo coffee. Located in the southern portion of Sidamo, the people of Guji have a long tradition of coffee cultivation. They are called the Oromo people and the hills and landscape allow for particular cultivars to develop in this region.
- Coffee Name/Type: Guji Washed Grade 1
- Country of Origin: Ethiopia
- Region/Area: Sidamo
- Min Altitude (Meters above sea-level): 1650
- Max Altitude (Meters above sea-level): 1800
- Process: Washed
- Average Rainfall: 1600-1800mm
- Average Annual Temperatures: 22-28
- Miller Name: Ambela Wuhamena Washing Station
- Farmer Name: Muhaba Osman
- Certification Body: Conventional
- Cup Profile: Ripen fruit, intense bright peach like honey
- Body: Rich, sweet and spicy.
- Cupping Score: 87
- Aroma: Cinnamon and fruity notes, with peach like honey notes
- Flavour: Sweet & cinnamon Spicy
- Body: Rich
- Acidity: Intense & bright, leaving you with an amazingly smooth well rounded and earthy lingering after-taste, with that lovely lingering hint of cinnamon.
Select the grind type to fit your way of making coffee. To learn more about the different processes visit our Brew Guides.How our Subscription Service Works